On 2014-12-02 19:56, Tejun Heo wrote: > Hello, > > On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:02:43PM +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote: >> The Toshibas would hold the OS in a RAID1 while the WDs would hold data in ZFS. >> At the moment T1 has the OS, T2 has a partition, the WDs are empty. >> >> My next test will be to move T2 to the bottom of the BIOS boot >> priority, so it'll become T1, W1, W2, T2 to see if it fails. I've ran the above tests, the results are the same: every now and then at least one WD fails (but is recovered if i reset it, although on occasion i hade to issue the command more than once). Today i even had the 2 of them fail. I attach the latest results, with the following configuration: T1 and T2 are Toshiba DT01ACA100 W1 and W2 are Western Digital"Red" WD10EFRX physical SATA port , BIOS order , disk 1 , 1 , T1 2 , 2 , W1 3 , 4 , T2 4 , 3 , W2 kernel parameters: libata.force=dump_id,nohrst Next will be to move the toshibas to physical ports 3 and 4 and try again. > If you're still working on it, can you please try to reproduce the > failure with the debug patch applied and report the dmesg? What debug patch is that? I assume i'd have to get libata source from somewhere first (end user here)? Any RTFM links i can use? Thanks, Nuno