On 04/12/14 10:30, Li.Xiubo@freescale.com wrote: > Sorry for confusing, it was delayed for other reasons internal. > > I am not familiar about the DRM, and I'd like to know if the DRM driver will be > support, should I also develop the libdrm too ? Or just coding in kernel level ? For simple drm drivers (this looks like it would be a simple one), I don't think there's any need for libdrm support. The generic DRM interfaces should be enough, so just kernel level coding needed. > Is there any Document about how to have /dev/fbX device to use ? There's DRM documentation here: https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/drm/index.html And many existing drivers to use as examples. The dri-devel list (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel), which is the mailing list used for DRM development, is active and you probably can get more support from there than from the fbdev list. It should not be a huge effort to write a drm driver for a simple LCD controller like this. I would bet that you can write a working driver in a week. > If possible, I'd like this could be accept for this time. And I will add the DRM > Version later(for developing and testing will take a long time). I'm sorry but "it was delayed for internal reasons" and "our customer needs this driver" are not very good reasons for getting a driver merged to mainline Linux. You can provide your driver to your customer as a separate patch series which they can apply. There should be no conflicts or other issues there, so it should be simple. Tomi