On 01/21/2015 02:34 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote: > Opinions? > I'm still thinking about my reply (it's a big enough question that I want to make sure I consider ramifications), so this is just a meta-reply to let you know I'm tracking this conversation. >>>> CC'ing Eric Blake, as well, for comments on a "unified parameter" >>>> interface in general. >>> >>> Good move. >>> >>> >>> [*] https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-12/msg02572.html >>> >> >> Adding Eric back in, where'd he go? > > Looks like you announced the cc:, but didn't actually do it, twice %-) I know that on some lists I'm subscribed to, mailman has an annoying configuration where if a list member is subscribed to the list and has requested that mailman not send dupe emails, then mailman rewrites CC: lines to drop that list member from the copy of the mail that other list readers receive. I hate the behavior, but it may be why you appear to not see me in cc, even though I've definitely been receiving the mails. At any rate, I have my mail filters set to flag mails that call out my name, even if I get left out from cc, so I can usually spot threads like this where you are trying to get my attention, regardless of whether you remembered to include me directly. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org