* OMAP3 & DSP
@ 2015-01-26 19:56 Sven Brandau
From: Sven Brandau @ 2015-01-26 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

Hello,

is there any driver support for the DSP on OMAP3 SOCs available in the
current kernel?

This means DSP image loading, starting and communication mechanisms
between ARM CPU and DSP.

The original TI driver only running on kernels with versions 2.6.x.

Best regards,
Sven

* Re: OMAP3 & DSP
@ 2015-01-26 20:35 ` jean-philippe francois
From: jean-philippe francois @ 2015-01-26 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Brandau; +Cc: linux-omap

> Hello,
>
> is there any driver support for the DSP on OMAP3 SOCs available in the current kernel?
>
> This means DSP image loading, starting and communication mechanisms between ARM CPU and DSP.
>
> The original TI driver only running on kernels with versions 2.6.x.

Last time I looked for, I could not find any.
However, with only small patches, the dvsdk for dm3730 for instance
runs fine on 3.10 kernel.
I did not try on later kernel.

On the other hand, the dspbridge driver that was supposed to be the
way forward is now marked as BROKEN...

Jean-Philippe François

> Best regards,
> Sven

* Re: OMAP3 & DSP
@ 2015-01-26 22:31 ` Ivaylo Dimitrov
From: Ivaylo Dimitrov @ 2015-01-26 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Brandau, linux-omap

Hi,

On 26.01.2015 21:56, Sven Brandau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any driver support for the DSP on OMAP3 SOCs available in the
> current kernel?
>
> This means DSP image loading, starting and communication mechanisms
> between ARM CPU and DSP.
>
> The original TI driver only running on kernels with versions 2.6.x.
>
> Best regards,
> Sven

we still try to support out-of-the-tree tidspbridge, last version I
tried and it was working was 3.16 (iirc), check it if it does the job
for you:

https://gitorious.org/linux-n900/linux-n900/source/4af08adb31709cb3e057af10675f354553848653:drivers/staging/tidspbridge

It is tailored to be compatible with Maemo 5, but should work (in
theory) with any distro as long as you have gst-dsp.

Regards,
Ivo