* MX6Q Linux 3.10.17 Trying to read registers at boot time
@ 2015-01-29 12:38 jose
From: jose @ 2015-01-29 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hello

As you can see below, I came here redirected from:

https://community.freescale.com/message/473511#473511
and
meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org mail list

I am trying to read/write registers on a 3.10.17 linux compiled for
Freescale iMX6Q. And I am trying to do it at mach-imx6q.c

Kernel hangs at Starting kernel point when I try the read.

Next step is try to access like IPU driver with
platform_get_resource(pdev, IORESOURCE_MEM, 0) but if someone has any
better suggestion I gladly will follow it.

Thanks and best regards,
Jose

I am not able to redirect the other list post so this is what I tried:
1) direct access
u32 reg = (ANADIG_ANA_MISC1_LVDSCLK1_IBEN |
ANADIG_ANA_MISC1_LVDS1_CLK_SEL_MASK);

   writel(reg, (volatile void __iomem *) 0x20C8168);
2) map a region:
I used the request_mem_region, ioremap and ioread32 process
(http://www.makelinux.net/ldd3/chp-9-sect-4)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-01-29 12:38 UTC | newest]