From: Jaehoon Chung <jh80.chung@samsung.com>
To: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
Cc: "linux-pci@vger.kernel.org" <linux-pci@vger.kernel.org>,
	cpGS <cpgs@samsung.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Build with arm64 configuration
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:36:29 +0900	[thread overview]

Dear, Bjorn.

Thanks for reply.

On 03/10/2015 08:35 AM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Jaehoon Chung <jh80.chung@samsung.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a question for building arm64.
>> (Actually, i didn't have many knowledges for PCIe.)
>> When i built with arm64 configuration, then i always found the compiler errors.
>
> The kernel does build for arm64, so you'll have to be more specific
> about the problem you're seeing.

I built the pcie-designware.c and pci-exynos.c.

When pcie-designware.c is built, i found the below error message.
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c:74:52: warning: ˜struct pci_sys_data™ declared inside parameter list
 static inline struct pcie_port *sys_to_pcie(struct pci_sys_data *sys)
                                                    ^
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c:74:52: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
In file included from include/uapi/linux/stddef.h:1:0,
                 from include/linux/stddef.h:4,
                 from ./include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:4,
                 from include/uapi/linux/types.h:13,
                 from include/linux/types.h:5,
                 from include/linux/smp.h:10,
                 from include/linux/irq.h:12,
                 from drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c:14:
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c: In function ˜sys_to_pcie":
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c:76:13: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
  BUG_ON(!sys->private_data);

I found it's located at arch/arm/include/asm/mach/pci.h.
It can't refer when do build for arm64.
So I think that i missed something..I have also searched the patches relevant to this at patchwork.
Some patch have copied header files relevant to "pci" to "arch/arm64/include/".
(This is not solution.)

And i don't want to add #ifdef CONFIG_ARM64 into pcie-designware.c
I think mailing should know the graceful solution.

If i can solve this problem, i will contribute for pci-exynos.c.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung