On 03/26/2015 11:38 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote: > Eric Blake writes: > >> For a few QMP commands, we are forced to pass an arbitrary type >> without tracking it properly in QAPI. Among the existing clients, >> this unnamed type was spelled 'dict', 'visitor', and '**'; this >> patch standardizes on '**'. >> >> Meanwhile, for both 'gen' and 'success-response' keys, we have been >> ignoring the value, although the schema consistently used "'no'". >> But now that we can support a literal "false" in the schema, we >> might as well use that rather than ignoring the value or >> special-casing a random string. >> >> There is no difference to the generated code. As these features >> were previously undocumented before this series, add some tests >> and documentation on what we'd like to guarantee, although it will >> take later patches to clean up test results and actually enforce >> the use of a bool parameter. > > You don't actually add documentation in this patch. Hmm, more evidence that I waffled about per-commit doc fixes, vs. lumping it all in patch 1, and I obviously failed to scrub the commit messages after changing my mind. > > Aside: 'gen': false is required when '**' is used anywhere in the > command. If it was permitted only then, it would be redundant. I think > we happily accept 'gen': false without '**' so far, although we don't > use it. That's okay. Also, even though the code accepts 'gen':false, it rejects 'gen':true ('gen' is only a one-way switch away from the default). Also something I didn't think worth worrying about. > >> Signed-off-by: Eric Blake > > Reviewed-by: Markus Armbruster > > -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org