From: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] Regression in usb-storage in u-boot 2015.04 ???
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:08:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

First of all I'm not sure this is a regression, but I'm afraid
I do not have time to dig deeper so I thought I should report
it anyways and then others can try to reproduce it.

I'm seeing the following happen when using a usb stick
with a musb-new otg controller in host mode on an allwinner
tablet:

sunxi# usb reset
resetting USB...
USB0:   scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
        scanning usb for storage devices... error in inquiry
0 Storage Device(s) found

The interesting thing is that, the first "usb start" works
fine, this only happens on the second usb start (triggered
through a usb reset).

This may be specific to using musb on sunxi, or to the
flashdrive I have but I thought I should report this
anyways. Esp. since usb otherwise works fine after a
usb reset, other devices (usb keyboards) continue to
work, and the descriptors of the usb drive do get read
correctly:

sunxi# usb info
1: Mass Storage,  USB Revision 2.0
  - USB Flash Disk 4C0E960F
  - Class: (from Interface) Mass Storage
  - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
  - Vendor: 0x058f  Product 0x6387 Version 1.3
    Configuration: 1
    - Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered 100mA
      Interface: 0
      - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 2
      - Class Mass Storage, Transp. SCSI, Bulk only
      - Endpoint 1 Out Bulk MaxPacket 512
      - Endpoint 2 In Bulk MaxPacket 512

Perhaps someone can test the reproducer on another board
with usb:

1) plug in a usb drive
2) do "usb start"
3) should print that 1 storage device is found
4) do "usb reset"
5) should still print that 1 storage device is found,
but for me gives the error I mentioned above.

Regards,

Hans