* 1st draft:  ALSA Json Gateway and HTML5 UI
@ 2015-03-31 17:35 Fulup Ar Foll
From: Fulup Ar Foll @ 2015-03-31 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

   Hi,
   I would need some help to finish a json version of amixer.
   Porting cget is done, but for cset I have an issue with
   "snd_hctl_find_elem (handle, id)". I'm not sure what's the right method
   to pass it. I've tried every options I could imagine. But if it works
   on Mint/32bit, it miserably fail on OpenSuse/64. Furthermore amixer.c
   as this strange comment /* FIXME: Remove it when hctl find works ok !!!
   */ and they do not use snd_hctl_find_elem.
   I posted a small C code to highlight the issue at
   [1]https://gist.github.com/fulup-bzh/891e5627be325150337f
   My question is simple, did I miss something ? should I move to lower
   level API ?
   Note: While the painting for my json-gateway is not dry, I nevertheless
   pushed a initial running version with cget at
   [2]https://github.com/fulup-bzh/AlsaJsonGateway
   I also have a small HTML5/UI at
   [3]http://breizhme.net/alsajson/mixers/ajg#/scarlett?card=2
   While UI code is very dependant on each soundcard [in my case
   Scarlett/Focurite] the Json-Gateway is 100% independent of the board.
   If anything one have an idea, please let me know.
   Fulup

References

   1. https://gist.github.com/fulup-bzh/891e5627be325150337f
   2. https://github.com/fulup-bzh/AlsaJsonGateway
   3. http://breizhme.net/alsajson/mixers/ajg#/scarlett?card=2

* Re: 1st draft:  ALSA Json Gateway and HTML5 UI
@ 2015-04-07 15:43 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2015-04-07 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fulup Ar Foll; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:35:05 +0200,
Fulup Ar Foll wrote:

>    Hi,
>    I would need some help to finish a json version of amixer.
>    Porting cget is done, but for cset I have an issue with
>    "snd_hctl_find_elem (handle, id)". I'm not sure what's the right method
>    to pass it. I've tried every options I could imagine. But if it works
>    on Mint/32bit, it miserably fail on OpenSuse/64.

Hm, there are no much difference about these APIs.
What error did you get?

> Furthermore amixer.c
>    as this strange comment /* FIXME: Remove it when hctl find works ok !!!
>    */ and they do not use snd_hctl_find_elem.

I don't remember why it's commented so.  The line was added 14 years
ago :)

Takashi