On 2015-04-08 08:19, Richard Weinberger wrote: > On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Pengfei Yuan <0xcoolypf@gmail.com> wrote: >> Could you please provide some examples that I can investigate? >> Thanks! > > It would be awesome if you could find out which gcc optimizations > cause the speed up. > "gcc -c -Q -O3 --help=optimizers" will help you. > > Please also double check your results. > You need do to multiple runs, etc... > Especially the redis speed up looks odd. Does redis really spend that much time > in the kernel? > My guess would be that much of the speed up is actually related to context switch handling and the scheduling/statistics related code.