On 2015-04-08 09:19, Pengfei Yuan wrote: > 2015-04-08 20:06 GMT+08:00 Austin S Hemmelgarn : >> I can't remember any off the top of my head, but it does say explicitly in >> the GCC manual to be careful with -O3. IIRC, most of the issues relate to >> -O3 enabling -ffast-math (which tends to really mess with code that expects >> strict IEEE 754 compliance), so it may not be as much of an issue for kernel >> code. You might look into some of the projects that use -O3 by default (I >> think most of the Mozilla so0ftware does these days, and I know that there >> are others, I just can't remember what right now). >> > > I am afraid you are talking about -Ofast, not -O3. > See https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html > > Yuan > You're right, I had been looking at the wrong paragraph in the info manual. Sorry about any confusion.