On 2015-04-21 05:38, Russell Coker wrote: > On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Qu Wenruo wrote: >> Although we may add extra check for such problem to improve robustness, >> but IMHO it's not a real world problem. > > Some of the ReiserFS developers gave a similar reaction to some of my bug > reports. ReiserFS wasn't the most robust filesystem. > > I think that it should be EXECTED that a kernel will have to occasionally deal > with filesystem images that are created by hostile parties. Userspace crash > and kernel freeze is not a suitable way of dealing with it. > And that kind of reaction is why ReiserFS isn't taken very seriously in an enterprise environment. Just because something shouldn't be possible in a 'real world' environment, doesn't mean it won't happen; never underestimate the ability of hardware to fail in new and unexpected ways, or the ability of administrators to make stupid mistakes.