From: Jack Mitchell <jack.mitchell@eumx.net>
To: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>,
	Jack Mitchell <ml@communistcode.co.uk>,
	linux-omap@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Enabling IPU on OMAP44xx
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:29:16 +0100	[thread overview]

On 24/04/15 19:34, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On 04/24/2015 11:21 AM, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> I've been fighting for a week with trying to get the IPU booted over
>> remoteproc on an OMAP4470. I feel like I've got most of the way there
> we do not have support for OMAP4470 on git.kernel.org.
>
> If you are interested in TI vendor kernel support, please use e2e.ti.com.

Hi Nishanth,

I understand; and booting an omap4470 isn't the issue, I've hacked in
the support for booting it as it's basically the same as 4460; which is
supported. It's the IPU that I'm trying to get working, which is the
same across all the 44xx omap SoCs, right? I'm using the latest mainline
and the logs I posted are from the git HEAD early this morning.

I'm not looking for offical support, just pointers to people who may
have been using mainline and the IPU, the support seems to be in there
but none of the plumbing so I assume someone is probably using it
otherwise it's dead code.

Cheers,
Jack.