On 07/14/2015 01:08 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 07:46:50PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote: >> Which drivers doesn't support FRWR that we need to do other things? >> ipath - depracated > > We have permission to move this to staging and then RM it, so yay! Correct. >> mthca - soon to be deprecated > > This one I have a problem with. There is alot of mthca hardware out > there, it feels wrong to nuke it.. If we can continue to support the > FMR scheme it uses transparently, that would be excellent. > > I'm not hearing a strong reason why that shouldn't be the case... I'm not so sure about deprecating mthca either. There are still a number of people I know that like to buy cheap SDR/DDR switches on EBay and pair them with cheap mthca cards and have cheap 10/20GBit/s home networks. We have a couple people inside Red Hat that occasionally tell people what to look for on EBay to do just this. >> ehca - Not sure what is going on there. they only have phys_mr >> anyway, which just lost its only caller in the kernel > > I thought it supported fmr: > > drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c: shca->ib_device.alloc_fmr = ehca_alloc_fmr; > drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c: shca->ib_device.map_phys_fmr = ehca_map_phys_fmr; > drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c: shca->ib_device.unmap_fmr = ehca_unmap_fmr; > drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c: shca->ib_device.dealloc_fmr = ehca_dealloc_fmr; > > ? > > I'm not sure what the status of ehca is, but I somehow suspect any > remaining users are going to be on an old vendor kernel forever.. Nothing of note has been done on ehca for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some bit rot in this driver. We need to speak with IBM, but I think it's a candidate for future removal. -- Doug Ledford GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD