On 07/28/2015 03:13 PM, Eric Blake wrote: > >>>> -def generate_command_decl(name, args, ret_type): >>>> - arglist="" >>>> +def gen_command_decl(name, args, rets): >>> >>> I can see how 'args' is plural (even if it is a single string for the >>> name of a type containing the args), but should it be 'ret' instead of >>> 'rets'? >> >> I'm open to better ideas on terminology. > > Not sure I'm thinking of anything better; so while I found it unusual, > the explanation helps and I certainly won't reject it as wrong. Maybe gen_command_decl(name, arg_type, ret_type) since we've already reduced the set of dictionaries into a single type name (where the type name is possibly implicit)? After all, we're not calling the function with a python list or set, but with a singlar string (where that string is the name of a type, and it is the type that then has multiple members to form plural arguments or plural return values). A bit more typing, though, so up to you. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org