On 07/01/2015 02:22 PM, Markus Armbruster wrote: > To eliminate the temptation for clients to look up types by name > (which are not ABI), replace all type names by meaningless strings. > > Reduces output of query-schema by 9 out of 80KiB. Among other things, it replaced all instances of 'str' with ':acg', and all instances of 'int' with ':adu' (at least for the qapi-schema.json files at the point in qemu.git that I tested on); if you were to tweak things to NOT rename builtin types (limiting the renaming to just object and array types), you'd save even more space and make libvirt's life easier by not masking builtin types. (Yes, the 'meta-type':'builtin' entry for 'str' should still be present whether or not we hide the name 'str', but knowing the small set of builtin names up front and only having to chase objects and arrays seems a bit more efficient) -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org