On 09/29/2015 07:56 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote: > Eric Blake writes: > >> We had some pointless differences in the generated code for visit, >> command marshalling, and events; unifying them makes it easier for >> future patches to consolidate to common helper functions. >> >> This is patch 3/4, focusing on naming the goto labels 'out' (not >> 'clean') and 'out_obj' (not 'out_end'). Additionally, the generator >> was inconsistent on whether labels had a leading space; prefer the >> emacs style of including the space, so that only function names and >> comments occur in column 1 of the generated file [HACKING gives no >> preference, and both styles occur elsewhere in qemu.git]. > > Your Emacs prefers this? Mine doesn't. I'm using Dan's patch "Add .dir-locals.el file to configure emacs coding style"; which has been claimed to be on the trivial patch queue (although I haven't seen a trivial pull request since that date, nor can I find that queue pushed anywhere public): https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-09/msg04148.html > > If I read CC Mode correctly, only style "gnu" does this. I use > "stroustrup" for QEMU, because it's very close. It doesn't do this. Dan's patch uses "K&R" rather than "stroustrup", although the two are similar. Digging deeper, I see that my buffer when visiting a .c in qemu sets c-label-minimum-indentation to 1, and attributes it to set-from-style; but I'm not sure why I'm getting it, as I agree with your reading of c-style-alist that c-gnu-impose-minimum (which is what typically sets c-label-minimum-indentation to 1) is only tied to "gnu" mode. So I'm lost as to why I'm seeing different behavior. > > As far as I can see, the only label we generate indented before this > patch is qapi-event.py's clean. > > When in doubt, avoid the churn: we rename that one anyway, so let's drop > the space there, and leave the others alone. Sure, I can go that way for less churn, and since I can't figure out why it's getting set for me. > >> No change in semantics to the generated code. >> >> Signed-off-by: Eric Blake >> >> --- >> v6: split 9/46 into four patches, update docs where they are affected, >> pick consistent spacing of label >> >> Signed-off-by: Eric Blake Oh weird - I didn't notice the double s-o-b, but the second one gets lost during 'git am'. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org