* Udevng plugin seems to fail sometimes?
@ 2015-11-12  9:39 John Ernberg
From: John Ernberg @ 2015-11-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

I am using oFono in an embedded environment, and I seem to have
encountered a problem with the udevng plugin. It seems that the
udev_monitor sometimes fails to init, so when the modem in the
environment has started, oFono cannot find it. I can see the modem with
'lsusb' if I log in to the embedded system, but when I list the modems
in oFono I get an empty list.

I have verified that when this happens udev is running in the system,
and that a sane file descriptor is received when creating the IOChannel
used for the monitor. Yet, the channel is closed almost immediately. My
best guess is that udev sends some sort of HUP.

oFono is started automatically by systemd, but in a much later target
than udev.

The issue appears too sporadically to be able to debug this properly, so
I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

While trying to understand myself exactly what is going on I haven't
managed to come across anything on google, or in other programs' source
code, suggesting that the setup code for the monitor is doing something
wrong. So, I also wonder if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of
traces I shall try to print to gain an understanding of what is happening?

Best regards // John Ernberg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-11-12  9:39 UTC | newest]