On 12/18/15 4:30 AM, Ian Campbell wrote: > On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 07:12 -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote: >> The following series is a follow on to the Kconfig conversion patch >> series. > > It occurred to me this morning that we probably ought to stash the .config > somewhere on install in such a way that it can be associated with the Xen > binary (i.e. with the same full suffix as the binary itself, not the > abridged symlink names), maybe as $(BOOT_DIR)/$(T)- > $(XEN_FULLVERSION).config? > > Maybe no so important right now, but once we start getting user visible > options we are going to want this. > > I hesitate to suggest that we may also want an equivalent of /proc/kconfig, > i.e. hypercall to retrieve the running config, or even a debug key to dump > it to the console. Both of those are more complex and secondary to > installing it somewhere I think. > > Ian. > Yes. I wholeheartedly agree. This is in my follow on patch series that I plan on posting this afternoon. -- Doug Goldstein