From: Sven Eschenberg <sven@whgl.uni-frankfurt.de>
To: dm-crypt@saout.de
Subject: Re: [dm-crypt] Alignment issue with 4K disk
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 22:54:52 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

start=4194304 -> assumind this is in 512 byte blocks, the start sector
is aligned to MByte boundary and thus 4k boundary.

Anyway, if your device only has one partition which is encrypted with
dm-crypt, set it up to start at sector 2048 (which should be default for
parted, fdisk and so on). Pass align-payload 2048 during creation of the
LUKS header, which will give you an MByte boundary and should always be
okay.

If the kernel still complains, then something else might be going wrong.

Regards

-Sven