Hi Arturo, On 01/15/2016 09:06 PM, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote: > Hi, > > I'm giving a spin to the nft compat layer, since it can be of certain > importance for distributions. > > I just want to be clear on what I recommends to end users about > migrating from iptables (and friends) to nftables. > > Could you please remind me in which state was the discussion about > that patch to show x_tables extensions in nftables rulesets [0]? > I remember Patrick mentioned several concerns back then about this approach. I have an updated version of this patch and also fixed some of the problems I encountered along the way (see attached patches). The nft patch is based on nftables-0.5 and the kernel change should apply cleanly to linux-4.4. With the update patch I can load a fairly complex iptables firewall with iptables-compat, dump it with nft and reload the dump with nft. The resulting ruleset appears to be working. YMMV. Regards Andreas > Currently, with a basic ruleset errors are shown [1]. Also, if you try > to see what's happening, segfaults [2]. > > I'm aware of the translations efforts being made by Shivani. > > [0] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/459398/ > [1] http://paste.debian.net/366059 > [2] http://paste.debian.net/366060/ > > best regards. >