On 01/18/2016 02:54 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote: > Hi folks, > > I'm starting to investigate if and how we can move the user interface > code into its own thread instead of running it in the iothread and > therefore avoid blocking the guest in case some UI actions take a little > longer. That, and so the UI can use localization without corrupting other threads that MUST use the C locale (QMP parsing/output of floating point is particularly important to get right with '.' instead of ',' for a decimal separator). > > Suggestions how to tackle that? Sadly, I don't have good suggestions here, as I've never done much in the way of UI coding. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org