On 24/01/16 18:21, Thierry Laurion wrote: > Hi devs! > > XEN devs: > As per short discussion with ktemkin earlier in January in #xen: > > "ktemkin Jan 10, 2016 16:21:50 > This test patch did appear to make the system work, though: > https://gist.github.com/ktemkin/0e81b93654ae800a5609 > > ktemkin Jan 10, 2016 16:24:55 > Only real difference I see between that and the upstream behavior > (besides limiting things to dom0 so things weren't accidentally passed > through) is the call to disable_pmr on line 117 before aborting." > > > > Makes total sense to my early understanding, since it seems that it is > said that vt-d engine gets disabled, but disable_pmr(iommu) function > is not called to enforce. > > What do you think? There is some confusion here. "Unfortunately, quirks specific to the Clarkdale/Nehalem integrated graphics device (IGD) do not function correctly with Xen's VT-d implementation" Either 1) There is a chipset errata which prevents it from functioning correctly, or 2) Xen's VT-d code doesn't program the chip correctly. Which is it? If it is 1), then there is a very good case for quirking the affected chipsets and unilaterally disabling them. If it is 2), then the VT-d code should be corrected. ~Andrew