On 01/22/2016 04:14 PM, Jan Stancek wrote: > On 01/19/2016 11:29 AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote: >> although I >> couldn't find evidence that mlock() and madvice() are related with this hangup, > > I simplified reproducer by having only single thread allocating > memory when OOM triggers: > http://jan.stancek.eu/tmp/oom_hangs/console.log.3-v4.4-8606-with-memalloc.txt > > In this instance it was mmap + mlock, as you can see from oom call trace. > It made it to do_exit(), but couldn't complete it: I have extracted test from LTP into standalone reproducer (attached), if you want to give a try. It usually hangs my system within ~30 minutes. If it takes too long, you can try disabling swap. From my past experience this usually helped to reproduce it faster on small KVM guests. # gcc oom_mlock.c -pthread -O2 # echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory (optionally) # swapoff -a # ./a.out Also, it's interesting to note, that when I disabled mlock() calls test ran fine over night. I'll look into confirming this observation on more systems. Regards, Jan