On 04/02/16 16:04, Linus Walleij wrote: > This moves the versatile CLCD configuration to the device tree by: > > - Deleting the board file set-up of CLCD displays and quirks, > instead relying on the driver to handle this. The driver will > attempt to auto-detect (like the board file did) and match to > a corresponding panel in the device tree. > > - Defining all auto-detectable panels in the device tree for the > versatile-ab, defaulting the first one to VGA. The right > panel will be selected at panel initialization, and should > just work for the IB1 daughterboard panels, like EPSON. > > - Creating a special superset DTS file for the IB2 daughterboard > (phone form-factor) equipped Versatile, overriding the default VGA > display with the Sanyo 2.5" portrait display definitions, so that > the IB2-equipped Versatile can be used with this. This follows > the pattern of how we define the Versatile PB as a superset of > Versatile AB. > > Tested on Versatile AB with just VGA with the default device tree, > and with the IB2 daughterboard with the custom IB2 device tree. > Tested to shunt in XVGA by modifying the device tree and this works > too. Also tested on QEMU for Versatile in both VGA and Sanyo 2.5" > mode. I don't have the IB1 daughterboard and its add-on displays, > but it should work as long as the detection mechanism and device > tree parameters are sound. Well... I don't like this very much. The .dts should contain descriptions for hardware that is connected. Have you looked at DT overlays? I think they would be a much better match for this. What's the SYS_CLCD register? An EEPROM or such, programmed when the board is manufactured? Is the panel meant to be switchable by the user, possibly to a panel that's not "standard"? Tomi