On 03/23/2016 06:57 AM, Leon Romanovsky wrote: > On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 02:37:08PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: >> So the *best* situation would be: >> >> - your two groups talk it over, and figure out what the common commits are >> >> - you put those common commits as a "base" branch in git >> >> - you ask the two upper-level maintainers to both pull that base branch >> >> - you then make sure that you send the later patches (whether as >> emailed patches or as pull requests) based on top of that base branch. > > Hi David and Doug, > > Are you OK with the approach suggested by Linus? > We are eager to know it, so we will adopt it as soon > as possible in our development flow. > > The original thread [1]. > > [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.rdma/34907 > > Thanks. > I'm fine with it. Since I happen to use topic branches to build my for-next from anyway, I might need to be the one that Dave pulls from versus the other way around. -- Doug Ledford GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD