On 04/21/16 18:23, Christoffer Dall wrote: > Hi, > > Commit 9fac18f (oslib: allocate PROT_NONE pages on top of RAM, > 2015-09-10) had the unfortunate side effect that memory slots registered > with KVM no longer contain a userspace address that is aligned to a 2M > boundary, causing the use of THP to fail in the kernel. > > I fail to see where in the QEMU code we should be asking for a 2M > alignment of our memory region. Can someone help pointing me to the > right place to fix this or suggest a patch? > > This causes a performance regssion of hackbench on KVM/ARM of about 62% > compared to the workload running with THP. > > We have verified that this is indeed the cause of the failure by adding > various prints to QEMU and the kernel, but unfortunatley my QEMU > knowledge is not sufficient for me to fix it myself. > > Any help would be much appreciated! Can you please test the attached series? (Note that I'm only interested in solving this problem as a productive distraction, so if the patches don't work, or require a lot of massaging for merging, I'll just drop them (or, preferably, give them to someone else).) Thanks Laszlo