* UFS patchset
@ 2016-04-29 10:24 Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2016-04-29 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martin.petersen; +Cc: linux-scsi

Hi Martin,

Could you please give me feedback about the UFS patch-set?
The patches have been acked by various developers, so maybe could it be possible
to put it into the 4.7 queue?

Patch-set Cover Letter:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg95664.html

Thank you,
Joao

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-04-29 12:19 ` Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2016-04-29 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joao Pinto; +Cc: martin.petersen, linux-scsi

Joao,

Joao> Could you please give me feedback about the UFS patch-set?  The
Joao> patches have been acked by various developers, so maybe could it
Joao> be possible to put it into the 4.7 queue?

It is on my list.

I think we are OK from a SCSI perspective but I believe there were still
a couple of concerns in the ARM/device tree department. So I would like
some confirmation from those developers that the code is now acceptable.

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-04-29 12:29   ` Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2016-04-29 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin K. Petersen, Joao Pinto; +Cc: linux-scsi

On 4/29/2016 1:19 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> Joao,
>
> Joao> Could you please give me feedback about the UFS patch-set?  The
> Joao> patches have been acked by various developers, so maybe could it
> Joao> be possible to put it into the 4.7 queue?
>
> It is on my list.

Ok, great!

> I think we are OK from a SCSI perspective but I believe there were still
> a couple of concerns in the ARM/device tree department. So I would like
> some confirmation from those developers that the code is now acceptable.

The concerns were from Rob Herring about mixing PHY and controller in the
compatibility string, but that was justified. Check the extract:

">>

>>> Combining the phy and controller compatible strings is a bit strange.
>>> Generally, they would be separate nodes using the common phy binding.
>>>

>> Correct, but in this case is just the compatibility string is just to
>> tell the dw ufs host that it has a 40-bit or a 20-bit test chip
>> connected. The Test chip is initialized by a unipro command sequence and
there is no more ops related to it.

> Okay. In that case, I think it should be a separate property unless
> the controller h/w is synthesized for one or the other.

Yes, the hardware must be synthesized for a certain PHY type, 20 or 40-bit.

> Rob

Joao"

Thanks,
Joao

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-04-30  0:07     ` Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2016-04-30  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joao Pinto; +Cc: Martin K. Petersen, linux-scsi

Joao,

>> It is on my list.

Joao> Ok, great!

In a previous email you said you had sent v14 to linux-scsi. However, I
don't see neither v14, nor v13 in patchworks. The latest I have is v12
and it does not apply to 4.7/scsi-queue.

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-04-30  0:24       ` Martin K. Petersen
From: Martin K. Petersen @ 2016-04-30  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joao Pinto; +Cc: linux-scsi

Joao,

Martin> In a previous email you said you had sent v14 to
Martin> linux-scsi. However, I don't see neither v14, nor v13 in
Martin> patchworks. The latest I have is v12 and it does not apply to
Martin> 4.7/scsi-queue.

I found v14 in my mailbox. Not sure why it's not in patchworks.

In any case: It still doesn't apply to 4.7/scsi-queue and there are
several checkpatch warnings throughout the series. Please fix.

Also make sure to prefix your patch subject lines with "ufs:" so it's
easy to identify which subsystem they go into.

Thanks!

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-05-02  9:08         ` Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2016-05-02  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin K. Petersen, Joao Pinto; +Cc: linux-scsi

Hi Martin!

On 4/30/2016 1:24 AM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> Joao,
>
> Martin> In a previous email you said you had sent v14 to
> Martin> linux-scsi. However, I don't see neither v14, nor v13 in
> Martin> patchworks. The latest I have is v12 and it does not apply to
> Martin> 4.7/scsi-queue.
>
> I found v14 in my mailbox. Not sure why it's not in patchworks.
>
> In any case: It still doesn't apply to 4.7/scsi-queue and there are
> several checkpatch warnings throughout the series. Please fix.

The patch were made based on a 4.7-queue from about 1 or 2 months. I will do the
needed fixes and send you the v15.

> Also make sure to prefix your patch subject lines with "ufs:" so it's
> easy to identify which subsystem they go into.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks.

* Re: UFS patchset
@ 2016-05-02 13:58         ` Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2016-05-02 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin K. Petersen, Joao Pinto; +Cc: linux-scsi

Hi Martin,

> Joao,
>
> Martin> In a previous email you said you had sent v14 to
> Martin> linux-scsi. However, I don't see neither v14, nor v13 in
> Martin> patchworks. The latest I have is v12 and it does not apply to
> Martin> 4.7/scsi-queue.
>
> I found v14 in my mailbox. Not sure why it's not in patchworks.
>
> In any case: It still doesn't apply to 4.7/scsi-queue and there are
> several checkpatch warnings throughout the series. Please fix.
>
> Also make sure to prefix your patch subject lines with "ufs:" so it's
> easy to identify which subsystem they go into.
>
> Thanks!

As promissed I sent you a new patch set based on the latest 4.7 queue branch,
with "ufs:" prefix and completely tested and validated by checkpatch.

Thanks.
Joao