On 2016-05-09 12:32, issa-gorissen@usa.net wrote: > Received: 09:18 PM CEST, 05/08/2016 > From: "Carlos E. R." <> > >> >> How did you do that upgrade? Zypper dup, or boot dvd, choose upgrade? >> > In fact it was not a "real" upgrade. I added a new boot disk on which I > installed Tumbleweed as a new OS. The MD RAID disks were kept in the computer. > It seems the install did something to it I don't know about. Ah, then it is a fresh install, inheriting data disks. Then you probably keep the old boot disk. Perhaps you could try it and find out if it still can mount the raid filesystem. If that is so, perhaps data can be rescued. If you don't have a spare disk for a backup, you might remove one side of the mirror and create it there, then create again the raid in TW. If you don't have the old boot disk, you can create a boot media on an USB stick. You can use the 12.3 XFCE rescue image: http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/13.2/iso/openSUSE-13.2-Rescue-CD-x86_64.iso just cp it to the raw usb device, and boot it. But leave that procedure as a last resource; wait for more comments or ideas ;-) >> Me, I would try to find out if the array is readable: >> >> dd if=/dev/md0 of=/dev/null >> > > array is fine but somehow the md partitions have been shrunk with the > superblock moved. Don't know know. Version of the superblock is 1.0; which is > stored at the end of the partition. So XFS filesystem starts at the start of > the partition. If after the new OS install I cannot mount XFS anymore, and as > Dave said XFS mount will try to read end of filesystem; then the end of the > partition have changed. Yes, I read his post. My idea was wrong, then. -- Cheers / Saludos, Carlos E. R. (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)