On 07/29/2016 09:31 AM, Felipe Franciosi wrote: > Heya, > > On 29 Jul 2016, at 13:47, Marc-André Lureau > wrote: > > Hi > > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Prerna Saxena > wrote: > From: Prerna Saxena > Wow, your mailer's poor choice of quoting style makes it VERY difficult to read your reply. > +With this protocol extension negotiated, the sender (QEMU) can set the > +"need_reply" [Bit 3] flag to any command. This indicates that > +the client MUST respond with a Payload VhostUserMsg indicating success or > +failure. The payload should be set to zero on success or non-zero on failure. > +(Unless the message already has an explicit reply body) > > Unless/unless (for consistency, the rest of the document doesn't use > Upper-case inside parentheses) > > Actually, if the sentence starts inside the parenthesis it should be capital. > See rule 2a: > http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/parens.asp > > Prerna's text looks correct to me. If it's wrong in other places we should probably fix it there separately. > Based on the number of '>' inserted by my mailer, it appears that you wrote all four of the above paragraphs. In reality, Prerna wrote the first paragraph (quoted from the patch, Marc-André wrote the second, and you wrote the third and fourth. In fact, your mailer ACTIVELY stripped the '>' that was already present in Marc-André's mail when he quoted Prerna, rather than the usual paradigm of adding yet another layer of '>'. You really need to get that fixed. We should not have to hunt and compare multiple emails in order to determine what you are adding to the conversation, nor mis-attribute it to the wrong author. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org