On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 13:09 +0200, Florian Westphal wrote: > I tried to fold the earlier 'RFC v2' in a way so that it allows > easy squashing. > > Patch #1 is the only one where this is painless. > For all others, things are not easy because conflicts exist all > over the place. > > So I see two ways forward: > 1. I rebase this myself and offer a pull request for the resulting series > 2. Only squash the first patch and keep the rest as extra patch. > > I suggest we go with #2. The export tree already has a few patches > that need to be squashed anyway before sending a formal series. > This looks good and I'm fine with the extra patch for now, would just be too hard to split this up and squash to all kinds of different places. Peter. > Also, the export branch is currently not bisectable, I get build > errors mid-series. > > I don't think this is a problem for now, I think it makes sense to > not squash the larger patches for the time being. > > Once another patch series is to be submitted to netdev, the export > branch can be renamed/archived and a reorganisation can be done at that > point (and the result diff'd versus the old export branch to make sure > there is no difference in resulting code). > > > _______________________________________________ > mptcp mailing list > mptcp(a)lists.01.org > https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/mptcp