* queue.3: Document CIRCLEQ_ macros
@ 2020-07-25 10:13 Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2020-07-25 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-man

Hi all,

I'm going to use CIRCLEQ and I found out that it's undocumented.  I'm
going to document it in queue.3 and I would like to know if someone is
already working on that to not duplicate efforts.

Regards,
Alex.

* Re: queue.3: Document CIRCLEQ_ macros
@ 2020-07-25 19:15 ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2020-07-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Colomar; +Cc: linux-man

Hello Alejandro

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 at 12:13, Alejandro Colomar <colomar.6.4.3@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to use CIRCLEQ and I found out that it's undocumented.  I'm
> going to document it in queue.3 and I would like to know if someone is
> already working on that to not duplicate efforts.

No one is working on this, so it would be great if you could document CIRCLEQ.

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk

* Re: queue.3: Document CIRCLEQ_ macros
@ 2020-07-26 20:01   ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2020-07-26 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages; +Cc: linux-man

Hola Michael,

On 7/25/20 9:15 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> Hello Alejandro
>
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 at 12:13, Alejandro Colomar <colomar.6.4.3@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm going to use CIRCLEQ and I found out that it's undocumented.  I'm
>> going to document it in queue.3 and I would like to know if someone is
>> already working on that to not duplicate efforts.
>
> No one is working on this, so it would be great if you could document CIRCLEQ.

Genial!  Lo haré entonces.

I found out that there was documentation in the past and it got removed
at commit ``c0f21a05f0c6cbd25677fdeef5dc1f1b2e9ffbb8``, probably by
accident, when reimporting from the FreeBSD man page to fix some other
problem.  I'll base my changes on those old docs.

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

De nada.  Encantado de colaborar :)

Alex

PS: Me dijiste que tenías que hablar un poco de español, así que aquí
estoy para ayudarte ;)

* Re: queue.3: Document CIRCLEQ_ macros
@ 2020-07-29 10:46     ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2020-07-29 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Colomar; +Cc: mtk.manpages, linux-man

Hola Alejandro,

On 7/26/20 10:01 PM, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Hola Michael,
>
> On 7/25/20 9:15 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
>> Hello Alejandro
>>
>> On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 at 12:13, Alejandro Colomar <colomar.6.4.3@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm going to use CIRCLEQ and I found out that it's undocumented.  I'm
>>> going to document it in queue.3 and I would like to know if someone is
>>> already working on that to not duplicate efforts.
>>
>> No one is working on this, so it would be great if you could document CIRCLEQ.
>
> Genial!  Lo haré entonces.

Perfect. Thanks for volunteering.

> I found out that there was documentation in the past and it got removed
> at commit ``c0f21a05f0c6cbd25677fdeef5dc1f1b2e9ffbb8``, probably by
> accident, when reimporting from the FreeBSD man page to fix some other
> problem.

Yes, that could be.

> I'll base my changes on those old docs.

Thanks. One unfortunate thing is that you'll need to use the mandoc
macros, since that page is one of the few that uses those macros.

> Alex
>
> PS: Me dijiste que tenías que hablar un poco de español, así que aquí
> estoy para ayudarte ;)

Gracias. (But we better stick to English on this list...)

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk