On 9/20/2017 11:31 AM, James Bottomley wrote: > On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 11:22 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote: >> On 9/20/2017 11:07 AM, James Bottomley wrote: >>>> Do we have a final determination as to whether or not this is >>>> going to happen?  I got the impression from this thread that it >>>> was "tentative" and not certain.  If it's going to happen, I >>>> should probably get my travel request in. >>> >>> We've collected the sponsor's money and paid for the space, so it's >>> as certain to happen as any previous kernel summit. >> >> I knew the kernel summit was going to happen... > > I took "this" in your email to refer to Maintainer Summit, so that's > what the above is about. Ah, see, while I was on this thread and named by Linus as one of the subsystems that he sees might benefit from this, I never got an invite so I didn't know the maintainer summit was happening versus tentative. >>>  The maintainer's summit is tacked on to a bigger kernel summit, >>> which is open to all and also has reserved space in Prague. >> >> The question is whether or not this is going to happen... > > Confused by what "this" is here, I was referring to the maintainer's summit. The kernel summit was a given, and I thought you were referring to it when you said it was booked and paid for. > however: both the kernel summit and > the maintainer summit are happening.  The former merely requires a > OSSE+ELCE pass and the latter an invite. See above as to why I didn't know if it was happening. -- Doug Ledford GPG Key ID: B826A3330E572FDD Key fingerprint = AE6B 1BDA 122B 23B4 265B 1274 B826 A333 0E57 2FDD