On 11/04/2018 04:19, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:11:25AM +0200, Halil Pasic wrote: >> Let us unify the wording when talking about notifications. This change >> establishes the terms available buffer notification for what was usually >> simply called notification or virtqueue notification in v1.0 and used >> buffer notification for what was usually called interrupt. >> >> The term configuration change notification in kept where called so and >> consolidated where it's called configuration change interrupt or >> similar. >> >> The changes done here are limited to the core part, and don't >> conceptually involve neither the transports nor the devices (references >> are updated though). Future changes should address these parts. > > Nice, I think the cleanup is worthwhile. I agree. I wondered if we should use the term "used buffer interrupt" and "available buffer notification". In the common case I think it would be clearer, though there are cases such as vhost-pci where the roles are swapped. Paolo >> \begin{lstlisting} >> -virtq_disable_interrupts(vq); >> +virtq_disable_notifications(vq); > > This name is ambiguous. Only used buffer notifications are disabled, > not configuration change notifications. > > How about: > > virtq_disable_used_buffer_notifications(vq); >