From: "Czarnowski, Przemyslaw" <przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski@linux.intel.com>
To: Jeremy Kerr <jk@codeconstruct.com.au>
Cc: OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>, Ed Tanous <ed@tanous.net>
Subject: Re: Virtual Media repository request
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 13:54:57 +0100	[thread overview]

On 17.12.2021 10:45, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Hi Przemyslaw,
>
>> I am ok with that approach, but I just wanted to separate service code
>> and JS nbd server, as they are quite distinct entities from my
>> perspective.
>
> The actual nbd server code is tiny; only around 260 lines of javascript.
> I don't think it's worth keeping a whole repo for that, given we would
> not be using the jsnbd/nbd-proxy code.
>
> So, I'd suggest just including this with the new VM implementation, or
> moving it alongside the rest of the web ui.

Ok, got it.

I plan to start pushing changes here this week.

There is just a one thing to be determined.
Currently, the "proxy" mode handler for websocket in bmcweb is defined
as /vm/0/0 (see include/vm_websocket.hpp:161).
New service handler (to be found in include/nbd_proxy.hpp) requires
websocket defined as /nbd/<str> as more slots can be available.
This breaks the old API.
I believe there should be a kind of migration period for applications
that use old location and format before the old one is turned off.
For /nbd location there is already implemented UI module to handle that
(but needs to be enabled).

Who is aware of such applications?

--
Best regards,