* crashdump on PVM Dom0
@ 2017-08-28  8:01 Minjun Hong
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Minjun Hong @ 2017-08-28  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hello~
I'm new to develop Xen and my first work is about its scheduler.
After I modified Xen 4.5 source code, my custom Xen has had a problem,
which it causes automatic reboot of Dom0 when I execute a micro benchmark
program.
To debug it, I have tried to use crashdump on Dom0 with the Xen but, I
failed to enable it.
My configurations are following:

1. Base Xen version: 4.5 release
2. OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
3. VM type: PVM

4. Crashdump install:
- install linux-crashdump
- install kexec from source code with '--with-xen' option
- modified '/etc/default/kdump-tools':

> USE_KDUMP=1

- kernel boot param setting(/etc/defualt/grub):

> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="crashkernel=2G-4G:320M,4G-32G:512M,32G-64G:1024M,64G-128G:2048M,128G-:4096M@32M
> "
> # update-grub2
> # reboot

5. Problem:
- current state is "not ready to kdump" when I type "kdump-config show":

> DUMP_MODE:        kdump
> USE_KDUMP:        1
> KDUMP_SYSCTL:     kernel.panic_on_oops=1
> KDUMP_COREDIR:    /var/crash
> crashkernel addr: 0x30000000
> current state:    Not ready to kdump

I have done my best to resolve this problem, but I don't have any other way
that I could try anymore.
If you have a hint which helps me use crashdump on PVM Dom0 or any other
way to debug customized Xen that it causes automatic reboot of Dom0 due to
wrong code modification(without any log),
please let me know.
Even if it is very minor thing, I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks to read this.
Sincerely,