I didn’t find “rm_work” in any of my conf files so I don’t think that’s the issue. It appears that STAGING_KERNEL_DIR just doesn’t get rebuilt from sstate which I can understand since it isn’t needed by default. I found a way to set up the dependencies to build it when needed and I started a new thread over on the oe-core list titled “Rebuilding STAGING_KERNEL_DIR from sstate cache” regarding that. Thanks! From: Daniel. [mailto:danielhilst@gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:03 PM To: Dean, Gamma [NETPWR/FL] Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Subject: Re: [yocto] Exporting kernel header from patch Just a guess, Did you have INHERIT += "rm_work" in your local.conf? Cheers, - dhs Em 22/07/2015 18:36, > escreveu: When using a shared sstate cache which has the previously built kernel it appears that STAGING_KERNEL_DIR does not get populated – in my case there is no tmp/work-shared directory at all. If I have modified the user space app to look there for a header is there some dependency I can add that will force STAGING_KERNEL_DIR to get built? If not, perhaps the best answer is your other proposed method of just adding the header to an additional path in sysroot. -- _______________________________________________ yocto mailing list yocto@yoctoproject.org https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto