On 10 Apr 2010, at 20:34, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard wrote: > On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 00:07 +0100, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote: >> Sometimes I "Redirect" (RFC 5322 Resent-* fields) directly to my list. >> The From: header thus is the original From:. You might guess the >> problem: I'll redirect, then because subonlypost is set, a bounce will >> confuse the original sender. >> >> Please can mlmmj support the Resent-From for the checks requiring a >> check against the original sender prior to the From: field? > > No. > > Quoting RFC 5322: > > Resent fields are strictly informational. They MUST NOT be used in the > normal processing of replies or other such automatic actions on > messages. That's right. So how does this prevent using Resent-From before From? (Remember, you don't ever use those fields for any kind of non-delivery notifications, only the return address, envelope sender.) > BTW: would it be possible to implement nomail subscription >> automatically using a response to an initial post? > > Could you rephrase that? The idea is, sometimes someone wants to reply-all, including to a list, when they get into a thread someone quotes a list on. Given the chance they may not want to subscribe but would, one time, reply to a message asking them if they want to post (like Dan's qsecretary). When they reply, they get subscribed nomail, and the original post goes through. So it's a bit like TMDA in front of a list, only much faster and more useful. :-) Cheers, Sabahattin