From: Josef Bacik <josef@toxicpanda.com>
To: Marc MERLIN <marc@merlins.org>, linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 5.4.8: WARNING: errors detected during scrubbing, corrected
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 10:03:57 -0500	[thread overview]

On 1/9/20 11:28 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have 6 btrfs pools on my laptop on 3 different SSDs.
> After a few years, one of them is now very slow to scrub
> and hands my laptop while it runs.
> This started under 5.3.8, but upgrading to 5.4.8 didn't fix it.

What the hell kind of laptop are you running that has 3 different SSDs?  That
thing has got to weight a ton.

> Also, it output 'errors during scrubbing', but I see nothing in the kernel log:
> btrfs scrub start -Bd /mnt/btrfs_pool2
> scrub device /dev/mapper/pool2 (id 1) done
>          scrub started at Thu Jan  9 01:46:45 2020 and finished after 01:29:49
>          total bytes scrubbed: 1.27TiB with 0 errors
> WARNING: errors detected during scrubbing, corrected
>
> real    89m49.190s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     13m26.548s
>

> 89mn is also longer than normal

Can you run the bcc tool offcputime

https://github.com/iovisor/bcc/blob/master/tools/offcputime.py

while scrub is running to get a few stack traces of where we're spending all of
our time?  It'll help narrow down who is to blame.  Thanks,

Josef