From: Zhenzhong Duan <zhenzhong.duan@oracle.com>
To: Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>,
	David Woodhouse <dwmw@amazon.co.uk>
Cc: LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, yamada.masahiro@socionext.com
Subject: Re: Compiling with old gcc breaks when CONFIG_RETPOLINE is off
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 21:57:22 +0800	[thread overview]

Since commit '315bab4e972d kbuild: fix endless syncconfig in case arch
Makefile sets CROSS_COMPILE',

arch/$(SRCARCH)/Makefile is moved ahead of include/config/%.conf
synchonization in root Makefile.

So all the CONFIG_* option used in arch/$(SRCARCH)/Makefile may have
stale value if they were just updated in .config.

This looks like an issue. I'm not familiar with kbuild. Ccing Yamada for
help.

Thanks

Zhenzhong