* Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
@ 2020-05-15  9:32 Matthias Schoepfer
From: Matthias Schoepfer @ 2020-05-15  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I am trying to migrate to dunfell. Out customer does not want GPLv3 or
anything like that on the firmware.

So - same as in zeus - we have a line:

INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 GPLv3+ LGPLv3+ GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0
AGPL-3.0"

during do_rootfs, the process fails with:

do_rootfs: Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because
it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0

The package basically consists of the license information for libgcc,
libgcc is allowed due to the linking exception.

Even, when I try to allow this package with something like this:

INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc-lic = ""
INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc = ""

which has worked in the past to have an in house debug image with the
gdbserver on it, it still fails.

Am I the first to experience this? Am I doing something wrong?

We do

COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"
COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"
LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1"

as well, if that info is needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

   Matthias

* Re: [yocto] Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
@ 2020-05-15 14:46 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-05-15 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/15/20 2:32 AM, Matthias Schoepfer via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to migrate to dunfell. Out customer does not want GPLv3 or
> anything like that on the firmware.
>
> So - same as in zeus - we have a line:
>
> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 GPLv3+ LGPLv3+ GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0
> AGPL-3.0"
>
> during do_rootfs, the process fails with:
>
> do_rootfs: Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because
> it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
>
> The package basically consists of the license information for libgcc,
> libgcc is allowed due to the linking exception.
>
> Even, when I try to allow this package with something like this:
>
> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc-lic = ""
> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc = ""
>
> which has worked in the past to have an in house debug image with the
> gdbserver on it, it still fails.
>
> Am I the first to experience this? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> We do
>
> COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"
> COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"
> LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1"
>
> as well, if that info is needed.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Can you try adding

LICENSE_${PN}-lic = "GPL-3.0-with-GCC-exception"

in meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/libgcc.inc

and see if it helps ?

@ 2020-05-16 14:12   ` Matthias Schoepfer
From: Matthias Schoepfer @ 2020-05-16 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Khem!

On 5/15/20 4:46 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On 5/15/20 2:32 AM, Matthias Schoepfer via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to migrate to dunfell. Out customer does not want GPLv3
>> or anything like that on the firmware.
>>
>> So - same as in zeus - we have a line:
>>
>> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 GPLv3+ LGPLv3+ GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0
>> AGPL-3.0"
>>
>> during do_rootfs, the process fails with:
>>
>> do_rootfs: Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image
>> because it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
>>
>> The package basically consists of the license information for libgcc,
>> libgcc is allowed due to the linking exception.
>>
>> Even, when I try to allow this package with something like this:
>>
>> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc-lic = ""
>> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc = ""
>>
>> which has worked in the past to have an in house debug image with the
>> gdbserver on it, it still fails.
>>
>> Am I the first to experience this? Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> We do
>>
>> COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"
>> COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"
>> LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1"
>>
>> as well, if that info is needed.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> Can you try adding
>
> LICENSE_${PN}-lic = "GPL-3.0-with-GCC-exception"
>
> in meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/libgcc.inc
>
> and see if it helps ?

It did help, thank you very much! I needed to repeat this for libgcrypt
and libidn2. It does look like a bug though, does it not?

@ 2020-05-16 14:30     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-05-16 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 7:12 AM Matthias Schoepfer
<matthias.schoepfer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Khem!
>
> On 5/15/20 4:46 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On 5/15/20 2:32 AM, Matthias Schoepfer via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I am trying to migrate to dunfell. Out customer does not want GPLv3
> >> or anything like that on the firmware.
> >>
> >> So - same as in zeus - we have a line:
> >>
> >> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 GPLv3+ LGPLv3+ GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0
> >> AGPL-3.0"
> >>
> >> during do_rootfs, the process fails with:
> >>
> >> do_rootfs: Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image
> >> because it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
> >>
> >> The package basically consists of the license information for libgcc,
> >> libgcc is allowed due to the linking exception.
> >>
> >> Even, when I try to allow this package with something like this:
> >>
> >> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc-lic = ""
> >> INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc = ""
> >>
> >> which has worked in the past to have an in house debug image with the
> >> gdbserver on it, it still fails.
> >>
> >> Am I the first to experience this? Am I doing something wrong?
> >>
> >> We do
> >>
> >> COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"
> >> COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"
> >> LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1"
> >>
> >> as well, if that info is needed.
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated.
> >>

> > Can you try adding
> >
> > LICENSE_${PN}-lic = "GPL-3.0-with-GCC-exception"
> >
> > in meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/libgcc.inc
> >
> > and see if it helps ?
> >
> It did help, thank you very much! I needed to repeat this for libgcrypt
> and libidn2. It does look like a bug though, does it not?

if it happens on master too then send the patch to openembedded-core
mailing list