* [target/ppc] excp_helper.c and mmu_helper.c cleanup
@ 2021-05-31 19:21 Lucas Mateus Martins Araujo e Castro
From: Lucas Mateus Martins Araujo e Castro @ 2021-05-31 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, qemu-ppc
  Cc: farosas, Richard Henderson, luis.pires, fernando.valle,
	matheus.ferst, David Gibson

Hi everyone,

I'm working on cleaning up some of the changes to enable the disable-tcg
option on PPC, right now focusing on target/ppc/excp_helper.c and
target/ppc/mmu_helper.c as these files have functions that are needed in
a !TCG build but also contains code that doesn't compile in a !TCG
build, and currently that is dealt with #ifdef.

For excp_helper.c I moved all exception handling functions to a new file
(named target/ppc/excp_handler.c for now) and left only the helpers in
it, and changed meson.build to always compile the new file and only
compile the file with the helpers in a build with TCG.

For mmu_helper.c the idea is to move all the code inside #ifdef
CONFIG_TCG to another file that shouldn't be compiled in a !TCG build.
But these changes are based on Richard Henderson's patch, so it depends
if they'll be applied as is or there will be another version.

Also I'm looking into the possibility of not compiling
ppc_tlb_invalidate_all in mmu_helper.c, but that's only possible if this
function is not used in a !TCG build, does anyone know if this function
is used in some corner case when running with KVM?

Any opinion on these changes?

--
Lucas Mateus M. Araujo e Castro
Instituto de Pesquisas ELDORADO

* Re: [target/ppc] excp_helper.c and mmu_helper.c cleanup
@ 2021-06-01  2:34 ` David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2021-06-01  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Mateus Martins Araujo e Castro
  Cc: farosas, Richard Henderson, qemu-devel, luis.pires,