* [ANN] git-completion 1.3.3 released
@ 2021-06-18 18:27 Felipe Contreras
From: Felipe Contreras @ 2021-06-18 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

Git-completion is a friendly fork of the official Git completion and
prompt scripts for Zsh and Bash.

The main goal is to provide a more up-to-date completion for Zsh (I'm
the developer), which is basically just a wrapper around the Bash
completion.

Compared to Git upstream, you get many benefits for Zsh, but there's
also benefits for Bash users too.

Since the last version, a regression in upstream v2.32 has been fixed.

In total there are 45 patches [1] on top of git's master.

For installation instructions, and more information, check the wiki [2],
but basically.

 * make install
 * fpath=(~/.local/share/git-completion/zsh $fpath)

And for Arch Linux users I've created an AUR package: [3].

Cheers.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/20210618182518.697912-1-felipe.contreras@gmail.com/
[2] https://github.com/felipec/git-completion/wiki/Zsh
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/git-completion/

--
Felipe Contreras

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-06-18 18:27 UTC | newest]