From: Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@pengutronix.de>
To: Elenita Hinds <ecathinds@gmail.com>, linux-can@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: j1939: Attempt to make j1939 network namespace-aware
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:08:30 +0100	[thread overview]

On 02/07/2018 05:41 PM, Elenita Hinds wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, Kurt. I'll split into separate patches as
> suggested for clarity. The additional whitespaces were due to linux
> kernel styles imposed upon in my environment (enabled and won't let me
> commit unless I align certain lines).

I've manually picked the (maybe not all) whitespace changes manually and
added them to linux-can-next/j1939. Please send your patches using git
not via a webinterface, as it makes the patches unusable.

> I found missing changes in the j1939 notifier block which I think can
> cause the kernel to panic when a CAN bus interface goes down. This is
> fixed and will post the changes.

As Kurt said, please make this a seperate patch.

> I also figured out how to complete the TODO item and will post these as well.
>
> I'm also trying to coordinate these changes with Oleksij (Rempel) but
> he is out for the moment.
>
> To answer your questions above, based on the kernel examples and
> implied on the info I've seen, I think almost all need duplicating and
> this includes the /proc and module parameters (see detailed
> description in http://apprize.info/linux/kernel/15.html). And yes, the
> ifindex values can be re-used in different namespaces.

In the j1939 branch proc support has been removed for now.

Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |