On 22.11.2018 08:24, Kamil Rytarowski wrote: > On 16.11.2018 13:52, Paolo Bonzini wrote: >> On 14/11/18 14:04, Alexandro Sanchez Bach wrote: >>> Intel HAXM supports now 32-bit and 64-bit Linux hosts. This patch includes >>> the corresponding userland changes. >>> >>> Since the Darwin userland backend is POSIX-compliant, the hax-darwin.{c,h} >>> files have been renamed to hax-posix.{c,h}. This prefix is consistent with >>> the naming used in the rest of QEMU. >> >> What's the advantage of HAXM when Linux hosts can just run KVM? I guess >> avoiding bitrot? >> >> Paolo >> > > This patch is also useful for NetBSD, even if it's not a Linux host. > There is a driver in progress again (thanks to the newly added Linux > port, it's now much easier to get done). > > I recommend to merge this patch. > For the record, I've a functional version of HAXM for NetBSD as host. Once you will merge this patch, I will submit another one to configure to enable haxm for NetBSD. I need to keep the patch by Alexandro in a local copy of qemu.