From: "Dr. Matthias Schöpfer" <Matthias.Schoepfer@i-thinx.com>
To: "yocto@yoctoproject.org" <yocto@yoctoproject.org>
Subject: toaster
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:33:08 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello!

First of all, I have been working with yocto/oe for some time now and
enjoy and appreciate it very much!

I have a question regarding toaster in a "Production Instance" Setup. I
have tried to set toaster up on Ubuntu 16.04 following the
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html
and ran into a bunch of problems. I have been able to resolve some, but
now I am at a point where I doubt that this setup can work at all, so
please correct me if I am wrong.

From the top of my head, these where the troubles I had:

* there were Issues using mariadb instead of mysql.

* the |mod-wsgi |that comes with Ubuntu 16.04 has a bug that does not
allow to concatenate python-path with colon, so Update to Version >=4.5
was needed

* The line  ./bitbake/lib/toaster/manage.py checksettings will ask for
the path to the openembedded meta...

* I am not sure if TOASTER_CONF is used, at least, the toaterconf.json
and what I get on the webserver do not match.

* Finally, and this is the point where I doubt that this setup can work
at all as described: When trying to run a build, I get an Internal
Server Error, which boils down that $BUILDDIR is not set for environment
apache runs in. If I hardcode that, I get of course the error on the
signal, that permission is denied, because the runbuilds-service is run
as toaster user while apache runs as www-data user.

Therefore: Is anyone running toaster in this setup?! Should I abandon
this setup?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

    Matthias

i.A. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Schöpfer  |  ithinx GmbH  |  Software Engineer
Phone: +49 (221) 99589-332  |  Fax: +49 (221) 99589-199
Address: ithinx GmbH  |  Butzweilerhof Allee 4  |  50829 Cologne  |  Germany
E-Mail: Matthias.Schoepfer@i-thinx.com  |  Website: www.i-thinx.com
Registered Office: Cologne  |  District court: Marburg  |  HRB 6749
Managing Director: Christian Faust

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. if you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notifiy the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unautohrized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

We like trees. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.