On 2017年12月13日 05:12, David Sterba wrote: > On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 03:34:22PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote: >> The patch is consist of 2 main parts: >> 1) Type based qgroup reservation >> The original patchset is sent several months ago. >> Nothing is modified at all, just rebased. And not conflict at all. >> >> It's from patch 1 to patch 6. >> >> 2) Split meta qgroup reservation into per-trans and prealloc sub types >> The real work to address metadata underflow. >> Due to the over-reserve problem, this part is still in RFC state. >> But the framework should mostly be fine, only needs extra fine-tuning >> to get more accurate qgroup rsv to avoid too early limit. >> >> It's from patch 7 to 14. > > I'm going to add the whole patchset to next, the first part has been > there for some time and no test failures were reported. I optimistically > expect that the second part will also be fine. The type based reservation is completely fine, since it doesn't introduce anything new, just a preparation for the incoming meta rework. However I prefer not to push the whole patchset to upstream until over-reserve behavior is solved. Since it breaks quite some test cases with small limit. > However I'm not sure how > good is the test coverage of qgroups in fstests, so lack of reports may > not mean anything. That's why I submitted mkfs.btrfs quota support some times ago. :^) Thanks, Qu > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-btrfs" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html >