On 2022-01-11 10:08, Alex Deucher wrote: > On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 9:53 PM Linus Torvalds > wrote: >> >> On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 6:44 PM Linus Torvalds >> wrote: >>> >>> I'll double-check to see if a revert fixes it at the top of my tree. >> >> Yup. It reverts cleanly, and the end result builds and works fine, and >> doesn't show the horrendous flickering. >> >> I have done that revert, and will continue the merge window work. >> Somebody else gets to figure out what the actual bug is, but that >> commit was horribly broken on my machine (Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB, >> fwiw). > > Thanks for tracking this down. We are investigating the issue. > Thanks for tracking this down. It was the result of a bad merge from an internal branch. Attached is a v2 of the buggy patch that should get this right. If you have a chance to try it out let us know, if not we'll get someone to repro and test the fix. Harry > Alex