I've tested a 5.19-rc3 kernel on top of QEMU/KVM with machine type pc-q35-5.2. It has a virtio balloon device defined in libvirt as:
but the virtio_balloon driver fails to bind to it: virtio_balloon virtio4: init_vqs: add stat_vq failed virtio_balloon: probe of virtio4 failed with error -5 On a 5.18 kernel with similar configuration, it binds successfully. I've attached the kernel config for 5.19-rc3. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings Q. Which is the greater problem in the world today, ignorance or apathy? A. I don't know and I couldn't care less.