On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 02:35 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 04:54:46AM -0700, Greg KH wrote: > > I know I can't take patches without any changelog text, > > I thought I was the only one?! :-) Looks like it had changelog text to me. It said: dt-bindings: EDAC: add Amazon Annapurna Labs EDAC binding I wouldn't want to see that information gratuitously repeated purely for the sake of adding extra lines; that just makes the changelog less succinct and more repetitive. Is there any specific additional information that you think should be in the commit message for this particular commit? Or should we just include a snippet of Lorem ipsum, perhaps? :)